PropellerAds

DIVINE PRIORITY: OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL, 9TH DECEMBER 2018.


MEMORISE:

But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Matthew 6:33

READ: Philippians 2:5-13

5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

MESSAGE:

There is a big disconnect between the priorities many people set for themselves and the priorities the Almighty God has set for their lives. Unless we understand God’s priorities for our lives, we will stumble and stumble in life, and God forbid that we stumble out of His will for us in this world and in the hereafter. 

Our memory verse clearly tells us that seeking the kingdom of God should be the basis of all our priorities in life. We have God’s promise that when this is the case, all other things will fall in line.

Today’s Bible reading reveals to us how our Lord Jesus Christ prioritized His mission of redeeming mankind through His death, so much so that He was ready to go through humbling and humiliating experiences for the purpose of fulfilling His assignment. Philippians 2:6-8 vividly describes the extent to the sacrifice Jesus made because of the priority He placed on His mission:

“Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.”

What a great sacrifice! Even when Jesus went to be baptized by John the Baptist, John did not want to baptize Him as he did not count himself worthy of even untying Jesus’ shoe lace, but Jesus insisted on being baptized because of the priority He placed on fulfilling His mission. 

To Him, His mission was important enough to set aside His status (Matthew 3:13-15). I pray that your mind will indeed reflect the mind of Christ in attitude, motive and priority in Jesus, Name.

If you want God to take pre-eminence in your life, you need to seek His will and do it. Doing the will of God may appear foolish to the world, but unless we are ready to become foolish in the matters of this world, we will not be able to live by divine priority; rather, we will always end up putting the cart before the horse (1 Corinthians 1:18-21). Living according to divine priority entails courage. 

It took courage for Jesus Christ to face the Cross and die for the sins of mankind. This is why I am puzzled when I see children of God arguing with the word of God when the word is “encroaching” on their so-called right to live as they please. 

It is unfortunate that in the world today, a preacher becomes unpopular the moment he or she begins to preach against those things that distract from living according to divine priority, but this ought not to be so if we really want to enjoy the fullness of God in our lives. Beloved, seek first God’s interest in all your endeavors, and you will not make mistakes or be disappointed.

PRAYER POINT:

Father, please give me the grace to give You Your rightful position in my life.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Daniel 4, John 8:48-9:12

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 12: TAKE MY LIFE, AND LET IT BE

1.Take my life and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee.
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in endless praise,
Let them flow in endless praise.

2.Take my hands and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love.
Take my feet and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee,
Swift and beautiful for Thee.

3.Take my voice and let me sing,
Always, only for my King.
Take my lips and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee,
Filled with messages from Thee.

4. Take my silver and my gold,
Not a mite would I withhold.
Take my intellect and use
Every pow’r as Thou shalt choose,
Every pow’r as Thou shalt choose.

5. Take my will and make it Thine,
It shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart, it is Thine own,
It shall be Thy royal throne,
It shall be Thy royal throne.

6. Take my love, my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure store.
Take myself and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee,
Ever, only, all for Thee.
DIVINE PRIORITY: OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL, 9TH DECEMBER 2018. DIVINE PRIORITY: OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL, 9TH DECEMBER 2018. Reviewed by E.A Olatoye on December 08, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Open Heavens Devotional 2019 Guide will be deliver to you daily.

Think continually about what you want, not about the things you fear. You can leave a message here and let us know what life issue you want us to discus about and foster solution.

PropellerAds
Powered by Blogger.